We support our troops through understanding, compassion, and outreach.
Blue Star Mothers of Louisiana- Chapter 2 has been servicing Terrebonne and Lafourche Parishes since 2004. We are a group of mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers, foster mothers and female legal guardians who have children serving in the military, guard or reserves, or children who are veterans. We support each other and our children while promoting patriotism. Our organization focuses on our mission every single day and will never, ever, forsake our troops, our veterans or the families of our Fallen Heroes. We host several projects and events throughout the year to benefit local military members and veterans.
- to support the Armed Forces of the United States of America and its Veterans;
- to advocate for America’s Armed Forces and those men and women who have served their country with honor;
- to maintain allegiance to the United States;
- to educate our members and others not to divulge military or other government information;
- to assist and participate in ceremonies which honor, remember and support our military men and women, and Veterans;
- to honor those families whose children have died in service to our country;
- to assist in the care of unsupported mothers who gave their children to the service of our Nation;
- to foster true democracy;
- to assist in Homeland Security;
- to uphold the American principles of freedom, justice and equal rights, and to defend the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We hope to promote awareness and foster support of our troops through the sponsorship and participation in community projects such as sending care packages to our deployed soldiers, patriotic rallies, parades and veterans' ceremonies.